A Popular Landscape Design Feature: The Fire Pit
Looking for a perfect addition to your backyard? A place where you can relax alone, have fun with a group, or enjoy a little nighttime romance? Look no further than a fire pit.
Sources say that the backyard fire pit is the number one requested landscape design feature for homeowner’s today. When the sun goes down, light it up and have fun. Have a wiener roast, make s’mores, or just relax with a glass of wine or a cup of tea watch the flames as they burn. What you do with your fire pit is really up to you. They add warmth to the evenings when cool weather comes, and they can still be a functional place to relax, party, or just hang out with friends in the summertime.
- Just be sure to remember a few safety tips to keep you and your guests’ safe when enjoying the fire:
- Keep the pit at least 10 feet from any structure or combustible surface
- Avoid burning in windy weather conditions or when there is a burn ban in effect
- Keep the area around the pit clean and free from debris
- Keep a garden hose or a bucket of water nearby
- Never start a fire with gasoline
- Be sure the fire is completely extinguished before you leave it unattended
By remembering these few tips, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy your new fire pit and stay safe doing it.
At Living Exteriors, the design options are plentiful. You’ll get a customized fire pit that has everything you want, and need, to create a fun backyard space. We’ll not only build the pit, we’ll design the landscape around it for a beautiful addition to your yard.
It’s your landscape; design it how you like it.